Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Patriotic Side

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays.

I get all nostalgic and sentimental thinking about this great country of mine.

Decorating for it is also pretty great.
Red, White and Blue! 

Last year I found some vintage Independence Day postcards on ebay.

They are from the 1920's, and they are spectacular.

I just taped them up in random places.
I used blue painters tape so the tape would peel off easily.

I taped one on my kitchen cabinets, one on my faux window 
and one on some empty decorative frames on my piano.


But this one is my favorite.

I picked up a few cool old crates at an estate sale last month, this one was nice and shallow
so I hung it on the wall.
I spray-painted a frame from my "stash-o-frames" and slipped this postcard inside.
I love this one, she's a curvy woman wrapped in a flag with long flowing hair, and in one hand she's holding a firecracker and in the other she's shooting a pistol.
Za za zing!

I didn't want to hog all of this vintage goodness to myself so I scanned the postcards
and I will share them with you.

Print them out, tape them up, instant patriotism!






On another note, I have having way too much fun with my chalkboard cabinet door.


Thanks!


1 comment:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

The vintage postcards are just precious! And you've displayed them beautifully! Thanks for scanning them, I just may print some of them off to enjoy, too! :)

Happy 4th!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...